Saturday, August 29, 2009

Oh where oh where have my dominoes gone?

No, I haven't lost my marbles, just the dominoes. My sister recently came to visit with my niece and nephew. They spent one night with me before we all headed down to her in-laws for the week. I don't have many kid toys--my collection includes one toy truck--so my sister pulled out the dominoes since they play with those at home, too. It was all good. My niece shared them with the cats hiding underneath the couch and made lines of them on the window seal. After the kids went down, my sister gathered them all up and put them away.

Later in the week, we ended up stopping by my house for dinner to break up the drive home from the beach. They pulled out the dominoes and had fun scattering them about. We ate quickly so we could be back for bed time.

The visit ended and I came back home where there were a few, but only a few, dominoes scattered around the house. I picked up a couple and went to put them in box, but the box was empty. Where were the dominoes? I looked under the couch where the cats had been hiding. I looked behind the chair where my niece had hidden once. I couldn't find them anywhere.

I continued on with my chores which included remaking the bed in the sewing room. There I saw this:
My niece had put the majority of the dominoes into the wooded basket (a gift from my brother and sister-in-law) and put it under the sewing desk.
The irony is that they were in the same place I found my missing box. From now on, I think I'm going to look under the sewing desk when I can't find something.

4 comments:

Fromagette said...

So that's where they went! I was wondering where they had all ended up when I couldn't find them as we hurried out the door. I'm glad you found them!

Elizabeth said...

I remember you saying something about it, but I didn't think they would be that hard to find! Kids make for good times.

JackieE said...

That sounds like the money spot for when you've lost something. It makes me want to play that train game we used to play at Jen's mom's place. Remember?

Elizabeth said...

The train game? Oh, I get it. You mean playing dominoes where we make "trains" of our tiles. And, yes, I remember. My family really likes playing that game, too. Fun times! I just hope I do have all the dominoes. I haven't bothered to check and probably won't!