Monday, August 31, 2009

Fastidious: excessively particular, critical, or demanding

Along with the new school year, a new principal, and a new curriculum, I am also getting a new classroom. You would think that I would be more concerned about the new Language Arts Enhancement class I will be teaching in addition to regular Language Arts, but no; it's all about color and walls.

In an effort to dress up my classroom, I have various blue and red patterned cloth swagged around the top of my classroom walls. I think it's fun and the star/solar system pattern works in nicely with our team's name: Stars.

My new classroom had two walls painted a very nice sea green; let me emphasize that correctly--a VERY NICE sea green. But sea green with a stars and stripes color scheme? I don't think so. I seriously lost sleep over the very thought.

The next morning I stopped by Home Depot for some color samples before heading to school to pack up books. On my way home for lunch, I picked up a nice light blue and with some help from a friend (Thanks Kristine!) I got a first coat on. Later that evening, the second coat went up and I was done for the week. It was my last week of summer vacation and I committed to stay away from school until my first contract day. Did I have a lot of work to do on curriculum? You bet! Did I do anything about it? No Way! But, my classroom will look great!

So here's the question: Does the title fit?

1 comments:

JackieE said...

I feel like I need to see a picture of this classroom. It sounds fab! I wouldn't be able to live with the sea green and stars and stripes theme either so I feel your fastidiousness.