Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thank Goodness for Mothers

I know that I don't fully appreciate everything my mother has done for me. I may not know until I become a mother myself or when I reach the other side, which ever comes first. Nevertheless, I am thankful for the fact that my mother will do anything in her power to help me.

I have a scary (for me) test to take on Saturday. I have to pass it to keep my teaching license, and it covers math, science, social sciences, art, heath, and language arts. (Remember, I am a Language Arts teacher who hasn't taken math since high school and science since her first year at BYU.) I was almost at my wits' end last night when I called my mother. She then proceeded to spend about two hours on Skype helping me understand the practice test questions I wasn't sure about. Not only did I relearn and understand things better, but I felt the comfort of my mother's love which gave me the strength to continue on.

I realize that I am probably worrying about this test way too much, but I am grateful for a mother who still gives everything she has to her daughter.

2 comments:

Tiffany W. said...

Moms are the best! I am sure you will pass your test with flying colors...but if it gives you any comfort whatsoever...I will be saying a little prayer in your behalf. :)

Lynette said...

Good luck Elizabeth!! You are in my thoughts and prayers! I have to take one of those soon and I know that on my own I would fail miserably. There are more that are with us than against us. :)