Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Lift Where You Stand

I have been attending the Young Single Adult FHE and other activities for about a year. I've enjoyed getting to know some of the other single's in the area and have done a lot of fun things with them. Recently, however, I've felt very agitated when I go to these activities. It's not that anyone has made me feel unwelcome, nor is it that I don't find things and people I like. Overall, I just feel unsettled. Finally, I realized I had to make a decision: would I follow what I was being prompted to do or would I persist in what I thought I wanted? I decided to not go to the YSA activities any more.

It was not an easy decision, but President Uchtdorf's Priesthood session talk title "Lift Where You Stand" helped me feel good about it. (http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,49-1-947-18,00.html) I stand in the Hillsboro Ward of the Hillsboro Stake. I stand among other bright and uplifting single adults. I stand with those who organize "Mid-Single" (30 to 45 yrs) in the area. I stand as a teacher. I stand as a music director, an activities committee member, and a building scheduler. I stand as a witness that God loves his children and leads and guides them if they will listen.

I don't know what this relatively small decision will bring, but I know it will be the Lord's will, and that's what counts.

1 comments:

Fromagette said...

You forgot to say that you stand as one of the most amazing aunts a kid could have. Good for you and I hope that someday you will see the blessings that will come from once again following the Lord.