Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Very First Post

I spent quite a lot of time thinking about the name for this blog. It had to be just right. I didn't want to limit what I could put on the blog, nor make it so broad that it meant nothing. At intervals I wondered if the name even mattered. Who was really going to care?

Finally I asked my self what would be the purpose for by blog. Did I want to just write about things in my life or did I want to be a little more purposeful? Everyone has their own reasons for starting a blog, but for me I wanted to accomplish something with it or at least I wanted to try. I actually kept thinking about starting this during the last couple of weeks of the election fervor, but I didn't want this to be a political venue.

What I really wanted was a place I could state my ideas about things in my life, things in my community, and things in the nation and world. With so many intense issues abounding, I wanted to have a voice. This is my voice. It is a small voice, and very simple, but if I keep at it, maybe it will make a difference in someone's life. Whether it be making someone laugh or providing correct information about an issue, as long as it brings truth and joy into people's lives, I'm satisfied.

I certainly welcome any comments from anyone with this same purpose.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

HOORAY Elizabeth!! :) Great first post. I think it is a perfect beginning for what is to come.

Bethany said...

Sounds great. I look forward to more.

JackieE said...

Very dramatic and profound but I would expect nothing less. I miss you!