Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Astounding Majesty

This last weekend I attended a religious conference in Astoria. A lot of things happened--interesting, fun, and sometimes sad events that made the weekend memorable. Rather than go into a lot of unimportant details, I wanted to focus on Saturday night.

That evening we had bonfires on the beach. The weather was perfect. Hardly a cloud in the sky to obscure the thousands of stars. Not even the fires could hide their numbers. It was clearly a blessing as the forecast had been for rain. Someone had brought a mini scope and I got to see Jupiter with it's moons. The Milky Way was a band across the sky and someone finally explained how to locate the North Star in a way I could understand. As I stood there looking up at the starry, starry night, I clearly felt that God was in his Heaven's and that He could see me down there on that beach. I could feel His love for me and was astounded at the way he was showing it. I'm grateful for that feeling. I'm glad He has shown us His love in so many ways; we just need to stop and recognize them.

Photo from http://www.compadre.org/informal/index.cfm?Issue=40 Credited to NASA.

0 comments: