Friday, September 18, 2009

Adventures in Quilting: My Niece's Quilt

My sister had been talking about making a quilt for my niece for almost a year. I started looking for patters and sending her links to check out. Finally, we decided to design our own using a Spinning Star block. We picked out fabric last Christmas and I took it home to cut the pieces. My sister started sewing it together, but as I am more fastidious, I took over to make sure the points all matched. As it was, this turned out to be a lot harder than I expected. The orange diagonal lines were killer hard, especially since we don't have a walking foot. In other words, don't look closely at all. I had it on the frame for about a month, and finished the last stitching around the border the week my sister was down visiting--the last time I would see her before my niece's birthday. So here it is:
Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

0 comments: