Friday, September 4, 2009

Pictastory: The day I fixed the dishwasher

Since it takes me almost a whole week to generate enough dishes to warrant using the dishwasher, I usually wash my dishes by hand. I still use the dish washer, but as the dish drainer. It holds a lot more and doesn't clutter the counter. I know previous roommates have had differing opinions on the process, but I like it.

There are time when there is justification for using this machine--as long as it is working. I don't remember what the occasion was, but some of my Utah roommates and I wanted to use the dishwasher and it wasn't working. The water would not drain from the bottom of the thing causing stinking standing water.

Not willing to pay someone else to fix it unless I absolutely had to, I undertook to figure it out myself. As you can see from the picture, I pulled out the washer and fiddled with the tubing underneath. I managed to unhook a bunch of things before discovering that the problem was a plastic tie that jammed the fan and could be removed without pulling the dishwasher out. Oh well. I'm guessing that the candles were there to alleviate the smell generated by standing water. Savvy, on the other hand, was no help at all. I tell you, cats these days!

0 comments: