Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Early American Battle Tactics

It's probably apparent that I like alluding to things (usually movies) and seeing if anyone can figure it out. On occasion, however, I like alluding to things that my audience will not only never figure out, but also never notice that I've slipped something in.

Case in point: My letter to my new students.

In this letter I included some information about what books I am reading and what I like to do in my spare time. Can anyone figure out what I am subtly alluding to that none of my students will ever notice or figure out?

In my spare time, I enjoy reading all sorts of books. Right now I am reading a book about early American battle tactics and recently finished one about a teenage super-spy. I enjoy keeping up a blog so that my friends and family know what’s happening in my life. When I’m not writing blog entries, I like to quilt and play ultimate frisbee both of which are great ways to unwind. I also enjoy writing poetry and reading friends and family member’s blogs.

3 comments:

Fromagette said...

The fact that you have eyes on the back of your head and you are not afraid to tackle unruly students?

Elizabeth said...

Okay, maybe I was too subtle. I made an allusion to a specific book. So far I only know of one student that has for sure read at least part of it.

Fromagette said...

You know, this time as I read the title it was so obvious I was struck dumb. :) Ok, not really, but I get it now.